Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Beginning of Blogging


Happy Sunday evening!  It's been a long day of scrubbing walls and painting on primer, and I finally got the mojo to write my first blog.  I'm not a huge social media junkie, but I've heard that this is a great way to build client base, connect with others, and spread the word about healthy nutrition and fitness.  

As I've just recently become an independently contracted personal trainer at a small personal training studio in the heart of Broad Ripple, this is one way I'm hoping to spread the word and spread knowledge to those that follow! Of course, I love that it's free!  And I love to write, so this should be a great outlet for that as well :)  

I will try to update often!!  And share great thoughts, ideas, and information.  For my first blog, I'm going to share my fabulous dinner and dessert creation for this evening...
I've always been what I call "creative" when it comes to food and meal prep, but due to my tightening the belt of my budget in 2012, I'm pretty sure my creations will continue to be even more interesting.  Since I failed to go to the grocery today, I conjured up a meal consisting of 
  • Brown minute rice
  • Egg whites 
  • Broccoli 
  • Carrots 
  • Morning Star Veggie Crumbles 
  • Salt/Pepper/Soy Sauce

I put this all in a pan with some cooking spray, and VOI-LA... dinner!!  It was delicious... my version of FRIED RICE with VEGGIES and protein.  A huge bowl and less than 300 calories.  Since this is light on calories, I will have room for Sunday night dessert :) 
  • Sugar Free Devil's Cake mix (1 box)
  • Diet Coke (1 can) 
  • Chocolate chips (a sprinkling) 
After baking in the oven for 35 minutes at 325, here is my yummy dessert (with some Cool Whip of course!!).  Just 150 calories (1/12th of the baked cake!).   



Easy!  Yummy.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment