Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Be Inspired!


“Do the one thing you think you cannot do.   
Fail at it.   
Try again.   
Do better the second time.  
The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.   
This is your moment.   
OWN IT.” 

–Oprah Winfrey 

Be inspired and run with that inspiration.  What is one thing you have been wanting to do (maybe there are several)?  Pick something, set a goal, and go get it!  

I have worked my a$$ off (I’ll try to keep this PG) the last couple weeks to make my kitchen beautiful in my eyes.  For those of you who don’t know, I bought this house about 6 months ago, and it was quite the bachelor pad (except not as cool).  I have put a lot into making it my own… and the kitchen is my new pride and joy!  


The OLD wallpaper!

Ahhhh (sigh!)





My new cute IKEA table and chairs!

It took a lot of time.  A lot of pain (seriously, I thought I was giving my hands arthritis!!).  A lot of commitment and focus.  But it’s done, and I walk in there a million times a day (on purpose), and SMILE.  

This is EXACTLY what life is all about.  We strive to be better, and unless we stick it out and push through the tough stuff, where do we end up??  Not much further into success and satisfaction than where we started.  

Think about your health/nutrition/fitness goal (whatever it may be)… if you’ve accomplished it, you know how much hard work and true dedication it took to get you there.  Maybe some blood (only sort of kidding), sweat and tears along the way, but it was worth it, wasn’t it?!  If you’re sitting on the other end reading this and have a goal you want to achieve, just haven’t gotten there yet, make a plan and conquer THE HELL OUT OF IT!!  

If you need help getting there, turn to someone.  As I’ve said before, those who care about you will be there as motivation in whatever way you need it.  

On a lighter, yet still healthy, note!  Here was my yummy post-run breakfast... 


6 miles completed, along with a bowl of oatmeal with fresh apple and a sprinkling of cinnamon, and a milk-protein shake… and I’m fueled right to start the day!  Watch out evening TurboKick class!!!  I’ll be fueled for ya!  

Have a fabulous day.  Make the MOST OF IT.  

:) Maggie (and don’t forget to smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment