Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 30 & Moving Forward!

((In case you missed it... here's a link to the news segment from last Thursday: 

It's the first day of summer, the longest day of the year, and the official middle of the workweek ... YEAH for exciting stuff!!  In addition to these awesome markers, it's also Day 30 of my own little Shakeology challenge and the day I promised to give you my weight and body composition results as well as overall experience of the effect of Shakeology on my body.  

 << First, take a little glance at this sweet image on the left.  Improving your fitness and body composition (leanness vs. fatness) don't just HAPPEN without a lot of effort.  And yes, it takes a lot of effort to make a big change... not just a little trying here and there.  It's important to make a lot of small changes to be able to stick with it, and not just one ginormous change all at once.  But all those small changes and alterations to your habits... that takes EFFORT and THOUGHT and heck, some definite SWEATIf you want to see and feel big changes, you have to put thought into it.  And you have to follow through and make true, honest efforts.  It's not always easy, but if you have a goal you want to achieve, what better accomplishment is there than achieving that goal?  What goal(s) do you have?  Make a plan and FOLLOW THROUGH.  Tell people around you so you are held accountable.  Find a group who has similar goals and share your progress together.  Do what you need to do... but remember it's YOUR LIFE, and you only get one of those... so why not make it the BEST one possible?  

Why that rant?  Just felt like it.  Felt the mojo today to inspire :) :) :) 


So about these results!  How about the numbers first...

30 days ago, I weighed in at 124 lb.  My body composition (% body fat), taken with skinfold calipers by an experienced fitness professional, was 12.67%.  

This is my "turbo beast-mode face" - ha!
Practicing to instruct some Turbo!!
Today - 
Weight:  122.8 lb. (down 1.2 lb)
% Body Fat:  11.92% (down 0.75%)


The weight is a true number.  Ya'll know that a few weeks ago, I reported that I had lost weight.  My weight went back up when I was sick with strep (normal eating / not working out) and has leveled for the past couple weeks at 122.8 pretty much every time I've weighed in.  I didn't expect to lose any weight.  I really want to make that known.  So it's an important result for me.  


My % body fat going down could be an accurate change, but it could also have be affected by a couple of factors.  First of all, it's not a huge change.  The before and after measurements are realistically in the realm of "human error."  It could also be affected by the fact that I taught TurboKick prior to being measured this afternoon.  Usually, you're not supposed to have those types of measurements taken directly after a workout.  I just didn't have time before, and so it was a necessity to get measured today.  


I have talked enough about the other results I have noticed from drinking Shakeology... but here they are again: 
  • Consistent, sustained energy throughout the day (even when I was sick)
  • Regular bowel movements :) (yay-rah!)
  • Reduced cravings for sweets (and for the temptation to snack as much as I usually do in general) 
After a TurboFire workout at home!
I honestly love this stuff.  I am on the AUTOSHIP program (so I don't run out - it's shipped to me once a month).  It's tasty as could be, and you can do so many different things with it (and switch up the flavors) so you never get sick of it.  I would feel weird having a day without it... 


Beachbody has made a believer out of me for Shakeology.  I was already a believer in their workout programs - particularly the ones I already use such as P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and TurboJam.  

A perfect equation?  Killer workouts (that give rest/easy days as well) and optimal nutrition.  Accomplish that, and you've got my vote.  


If you have questions about anything, email me (maggie.binkley@gmail.com), check out my BeachBody Coach website, or Shakeology website.  There are so many programs/supplements/opinions out there, and I realize I am just one of them, but I am more than happy (and would be honored) to be a resource for you!! 

Don't forget to SMILE.  You have a lot to be happy about :) 

Your fan,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment