Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Want to Read This One :)

Happy, happy Tuesday everyone!  

I have a couple things to touch on in this blog from food creations to my mystery illness solved!  If you haven’t noticed, I really don’t like to publish blogs 5 years long, so let’s get to it!  

So I did what I said I was going to do Friday – go to the gym for a light workout – but it didn’t end up being as “light” as it probably should have been.  40 minutes on the stepmill took it out of me.  My sickness wasn’t done with me yet.  And it lasted all through the weekend – voice disappearing more and more until I literally could barely get sound out as I hosted my best friend’s bachelorette party Saturday night.  I decided, with the gentle push of others, that I HAD to go to the minute clinic the next morning.  

Strep throat?!  Really??  Awesome!  I’d been around a TON of people all week – from all kinds of doctors’ clinics, to boot camp class, to the gym in general, to a festival, out to dinner, around tons of friends.  I knew I had stuff to do, and pushed myself to get it all in.  I’m still praying no one gets sick before Kristin’s wedding this weekend – but I’m super thankful I was sick with something they could give me drugs for!  I’m feeling a lot better just 24 hours into taking them.  AND (drum roll please!) my voice is back!!!  YAY! 

So with all of that said, I rested (no workout at all) Saturday and Sunday.  Monday morning I got up and did a full body strength workout.  Trying to stay away from anything that raises my heart rate too much – I don’t need to prolong this sickness (and I also know how my body responds to antibiotics).  I don’t do a great job of restricting my calories when I’m less active because it’s so far from my normal routine.  So that’s been tough… I don’t think I’ve restricted my eating at all really.  We’ll see how that works for me :) 

With all of that said and done, I wanted to share a few of my favorite meals with you from this past week!  

First up – veggies in a flat-out!  This was so awesome!  I cooked an egg and 2 egg whites, veggies, and some 2% cheese all together in a pan and then put it all inside of a whole grain flat-out.  The white stuff on the side is plain, nonfat yogurt that I used as a topping.  This was breakfast one morning last week.  Yummy-licious.  

 







HELLO Greenberry Shakeology!  Mixed this one with almond milk and a banana.  Mmm mm good! 








 
This is my new favorite breakfast concoction!  Three egg whites, ½ cup low fat cottage cheese, turkey, ¼ cup oats (you’d never know!), and a slice of 2% cheese.  Cooked over medium heat… made some sprouted grain toast to go with.  And BAM!  A party in your mouth.  (Yes, I LOVE cheese.  And making breakfast, apparently.) 

Cookin' it up!
Finished product
(after a couple bites, hehe!)






















In addition to my boatloads of meds… I also purchased some Halls throat drops.  I was really excited by the wrappers!   

How cool: “a pep talk in every drop!”   


Another one had phrases like:
“BE UNSTOPPABLE,” 
“NOTHING YOU CAN’T HANDLE,” and 
“INSPIRE ENVY.”

Nice touch, Halls.  I’ll be purchasing those again… whether I need them or not :) 
 
In case I haven’t mentioned this recently, I love questions!  I love opinions!  I love hearing from you guys.  So message me / email me (maggie.binkley@gmail.com) / whatever! 

That’s all folks!

Your fan,
MAGGIE


No comments:

Post a Comment