Friday, June 15, 2012

Health, Nerves & Being Thankful

Woot!  It’s the weekend!  

What a week it’s been – a little crazy.  I’m finally nearing 100% in my quest for being healthy again!  I still am coughing up stuff, but hey, the meds are working and that’s all I wanted.  I’m feelin’ good and excited for a CELEBRATORY Kristin & Mark wedding weekend followed by celebrating my wonderful daddy-O on Father’s Day!  

I’m almost completely back to my normal workout schedule, which feels awesome!  I get a little stressed out when I’m not able to do my normal day-to-day routine.  I started off easy this week – did a couple full body, high-rep strength sessions.  I was trying to rest as much as possible so I could show up with a BANG on Wednesday for my TurboKick class (oh yeah, I did!).  I’ve worked in some other sessions this week – more strength and cardio, TurboFire, and boot camp.  Sweatin’ hardcore again feels GREAT!! 

How’s my Shakeology working for me, you ask?  Wonderful!!  I’m on day 25!  And I received my new batch of Chocolate today (which is fantastic because I ran out yesterday!)… so I’m excited for the month ahead!!   And to try some new chocolate recipes…the most saliva-producing part of my day!! 

I swear my body has been working so EFFICIENTLY since I started drinking Shakeology.  Every day I am energized.  Even while I was sick, I was still up and doing everything I needed to do.  I am convinced that having all of that extra nutrition supplied to my body has given it the ability to FUNCTION at 100%.  Every day.  That is quite impressive.  I have felt stronger because of it.  Being energized and ready to take on the day makes you feel that way.  And, as another plus, I am absolutely more regular in my bowel movements! :)  No “results” for you (body fat, weight) until next week.  So be patient until then… 

Another piece of excitement this week was the 30 seconds (ish) that I spent on Fox59 Morning News Thursday morning!  Besides the trembling legs that crept up on me while the cameras were rolling, I feel like I kept my cool :)  The experience was something different, nerve-wracking, and exciting.  I’ve never modeled in my life, so it was a very new experience for me (my mom will argue and tell you I was a baby model – which I don’t think counts and – that’s not gonna help me model a bikini on live TV!).  I was happy to say “yes” to an opportunity that presented itself to me.  I didn’t think about what I was saying yes to – it just seemed like something I shouldn’t turn down (it wasn’t until after the segment that I realized I had just been on LIVE TV IN A LITTLE BIKINI. MAGGIE, WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU? haha).  

Before going into the studio :)
But honestly, I’m happy I said ‘yes.’  Why?  Because I have been trying HARD to find myself this year – to identify my strengths, weaknesses, and put a strong focus on my highest priorities and areas I want to achieve further success in.  This was totally outside of my comfort zone and not something I would have ever sought out to do.  But what did it do for me?  It gave me an even stronger backbone.  Even more confidence in my ability to look fears in the face and say, “hey, I got this!  No problem!”  

The thought I want to leave in your head is this… the next opportunity that presents itself to you (and quite possibly scares you), say YES.  What’s the worst that could happen?  Failure, mistakes, regret?  Absolutely not.  A failure is only a failure if you don’t understand how to do it better the next time.  A mistake isn’t a mistake if you learn from it and move forward.  And regrets should never be part of your thought process – everything that happens in life happens for a reason.  Regret is silly – and if one small piece of your life (the piece you might think you regret) is missing… think about how that would impact every other part of your life.
 
You have a lot to be thankful for.  A lot left to accomplish and be proud of.  

 WORK IT and show the world who ROCKS.  

Your F-A-N,
Maggie

The other beautiful women I was blessed to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment