Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration? Purpose? Yup, They're Around Here Somewhere


“Every one of us gets tired,
But every one remains inspired
And every one of us requires
To keep picking through our souls.”


-Zac Brown Band

 
If you don’t know me personally, you may not know what a huge country fan I am.  I’m inspired by a lot of things, and music – particularly country music – is one of them.  The lyrics taken from Zac Brown Band’s song “I Play The Road” above are incredibly reflective of each and every one of our lives.  Most of us don’t wake up every morning, leap out of bed, skip to the shower, drive cheerfully to work, have the best work day ever where everything goes exactly as planned and we accomplish all we hoped to accomplish, sprint excitedly from the office with nothing on our minds other than the kickass workout you’re about to kick in the ass :), go home and make a healthy dinner for the family, enjoy a relaxing evening… you get the idea.

While not everyone’s agenda falls in that specific order, the point I want to make is that we don’t automatically go through our days with inspiration, feelings of purpose, excitement, and pure thankfulness for being here on this earth.  That, my friends, is what takes the most work of all.  

We can certainly DO all of the above activities every day.  It’s HOW we do them that gives us the opportunity to improve our own selves, and our lives, a little bit every day.  There is not a doubt in my mind that each of us is here for a reason.  Several reasons as a matter of fact.  We each have a purpose, a gift to offer the world, a knack for something that gives us inspiration, relationships and health to be thankful for.  But we have to work at figuring those things out, and then remind ourselves constantly of them, and to be thankful for them.  To let them affect us in a way that gives us the inspiration, feelings of purpose, excitement, and thankfulness that we, as human beings, naturally yearn for. 
We all want a higher quality of life.  Why not put a little effort in every day to make our lives that way?  

Oh yeah… we also get busy.  We all get tired.  Sometimes (possibly more often than not) there just aren’t enough hours in the day.  But it is up to us to find something that inspires us.  That keeps us excited about living.  To make a conscious effort to make the most out of life (and the hours we’re given).  

As I mentioned earlier, there are a lot of things that inspire me (which I believe is true for most people).  It shouldn’t be a surprise that health and fitness is one of them.  Sharing it.  Living it.  Giving the knowledge I have to those who will accept it.  Absorbing knowledge from others.  Seeing the changes it can make in my own and others’ lives.  Feeling the energy that improving my own fitness gives me, and being excited when I know I’ve pushed my body to do something that I knew would be a challenge.  Making a difference to those that put their trust in my hands to help them become fitter, healthier, and more confident in themselves.  

Maybe not ALL of us are inspired the way I am, and other fitness professionals and enthusiasts are, by being healthy and fit.  I know some of you hate to sweat. Don’t like going to the gym.  Don’t really want to take the time to fit in a workout and would rather do something else.  Aren’t a big fan of veggies or whole grains.  Really like fried foods.  This is all okay.  We’re all different.  But what I would encourage you to do, is find something who IS inspired by health, and team up with them.  Let them help you find a way to be inspired by being healthy and improving your fitness level, because even though we’re not all naturally inspired by this stuff… it is INEVITABLE that once you FEEL IT and LIVE IT, you WILL be inspired.  You will go through your day with more excitement.  You will have more to give others because you feel better about yourself (and what have we always learned? >> You can’t love others if you don’t love yourself first).  You will have increased energy and productivity.  Catching my drift?  


It takes work, every day, to be inspired and excited about life.  It doesn’t come naturally, even though we innately yearn for it.  But taking a few small steps in a direction that inspires you will make it that much easier every following day.  And being healthy for it all?  That’s what I’m talking about.   

Your fan,
Maggie
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment