Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't You Wanna Know...?!


What's up, SHAKEOLOGY?? 

So how is this gonna go? 
We will see... here's how the first 2 days have gone thus far! 

So nice... it even arrived on time!

Mmm Chocolate + Greenberry
May 22 (Day 1): 

It arrived the day it was supposed to arrive... so first of all, YAY!  Since I received it later in the day, I decided to have the Chocolate Shakeology as a part of my dinner.  I mixed it with skim milk, a tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla.  YUM YUM YUM!!!  I paired it with a huge salad (with avocado, cucumber, light Jarlsburg cheese and light balsamic vinaigrette).  It was a delicious dinner and post-workout recovery meal (I did 30 minutes of strength training and 1 hour of TurboKick prior).  My only review for today is that it was honestly the best tasting drink I have EVER had.  It was flippin’ delicious.  And I know it’s also delicious plain (mixed JUST with water) from when I tried it last week (so it’s not just because it was mixed with other yummy mix-ins).  It’s just day 1.  And I had it at the end of the day.  Measurements tomorrow.  Can’t wait to see where I am now from a year ago…
 
My Day 1 Shakeology Shake :)
May 23 (Day 2): 

I had my % body fat taken this afternoon by my former coworker and amazing friend, April, using skinfold calipers.  She has measured me SEVERAL times and is a really good, accurate pincher:) I weighed-in on my scale at home (which is the one I use consistently).  
It actually made more than what's in
this glass! I got to go back for a little refill:)

Weight: 124 lb
Body fat: 12.67% 

For starters, the last time I had my body composition measured was exactly 1 year ago (14.46%), and I am at the lowest % body fat right now that I have ever been (based upon the years of measurements I have recorded, taken a couple times a year).  So now that I know that… I’m not expecting to use Shakeology as a weight loss aid or to reduce my fat mass.  If it happens naturally then that’s another story…….
I drank the Greenberry Shakeology today and O.M.G.  Can you say delicious?  Now – say it REALLY LOUD!  I was really weirded out by the thought of that flavor, but it was honestly awesome.   

I taught TurboKick at noon, had a snack after, then headed home and mixed the Greenberry with a cup of skim milk, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, and a little water.  Blended.  Drank it up (or breathed it down, really). 

All gone!
                           *************
So... if you’re grossed out by BM (eh hum, or bowel movements), then here is your warning to quit reading :) 
                           *************
 
I woke up this morning and had a really awesome BM!  That’s not exactly uncommon for me, but it was before my coffee and everything… and I’m wondering… maybe it was the Shakeology from my dinner last night kicking in…maybe?  There are pre- and probiotics in the ingredients!  Every girl (and boy!) enjoys a good poo!! :) :) :)

As far as how I felt today, now having 2 days worth (and 2 servings) of Shakeology in my system, I feel wonderful.  But, it’s too soon to make any crazy statements here about how it makes me feel.  

That’s all for now, folks!  Cheers to seeing how great this stuff is (because it’s the most delicious stuff I’ve ever tasted). 

Your fan,
MAGGIE

1 comment: